Thursday, November 18, 2021

I tried

 Weather yesterday was beautiful, temp up to 16*C no sun to speak of but that was OK.   There was a shower late evening and today it is cooler and is going to get even colder with more rain snow mix in the coming days.

Hubby is out picking up leaves again!  I tried to use the leaf blower on the garden under the trees but, they are just too thick  and a bit damp from the rain last night.  I tried.   We have decided to leave them and let them decompose over the Winter, once snow falls on them they won't be going anywhere but where they have fallen.  Fine by me.  I tried, but my shoulders and neck get so sore it is not worth trying to do something that will aggravate my osteo in my upper spine.   I get upset when I cannot do the things I enjoy doing outside in the garden. The heavy work of raking and picking up these heavy wet leaves, causes me to suffer for several days, so unfortunately that will be no more.   Will have to be content with lighter chores and restricting the time I spend doing those chores.   Over the past couple of years I have been planting the flower gardens with perennials,  to make it easier but still keep up the gardening, even though it is just my flower beds. 

I still correspond with a school friend I had in England, (67 years) she sent an e-mail a couple of days ago and in it she was talking about her husband who has been waiting for months for a hip replacement.   On the weekend he dislocated his hip.  An ambulance will called at 9:00 p.m.  another call at 3:00 a.m. and yet another call which resulted in the ambulance arriving at 8:00 a. m.   He was taken to one hospital and they were not able to help him, then to another hospital where they successfully treated him.   My friend indicated there are too many people in the area where she lives, more homes are being built to accommodate them, not enough hospitals to take care of all these people, and not enough staff in the hospitals they currently have, thus the long delay for help.

Had to leave, I am back.  Been sewing for a couple of hours, Hubby has been outside picking up leaves again,  he is hoping it will end soon.   Maybe later, as we could have some snow during the next couple days.

Pork chops, applesauce, broccoli, stuffed mushrooms and salad. 


1 comment:

  1. It is so hard getting older. The mind says I'm still young. The body cracks up laughing.
    The ageing crisis regarding hospitals is very worrying especially with the beds being taken up with Covid. We just have to do our best to stay out of trouble I guess.
    Dinner sounds yum.

    ReplyDelete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...