Thursday, November 25, 2021

Bitchy Mood

Yesterday I didn't post anything, because I am sure you did not want to listen to be moan and groan about everything and nothing that would correct itself eventually.   Yep! I was a right  miserable person.  I guess everyone is entitled to those days, I don't get them very often, thank goodness as I hate the feelings I have when I am like that. To take my mind of things yesterday, I cleaned and cleaned and was able to get the entire downstairs cleaned, something that needed to be done for a long time.   A good sleep and a stern talking to myself  made me feel better this morning.  

 Yesterday, I spent a lot of money.   For the past seven years I have been wearing hearing aids and the ones I currently have are past their best before date, so to speak.  If my hearing loss increases or changes in any way they cannot be adjusted, and the company that made them do not support any repair on them as they are out of date.  The trial pair I  have been wearing for the past two weeks was returned to the audiologist.  We discussed the pros and cons and eventually I bought two new aids made by the company of the trial pair.   I do get a considerable financial assistance from the Government Health Care and also from my private health care, it's still pricey but less than the full amount quoted.   They are going to be a birthday gift to me and I am worth every penny.  lol.

Hubby picked up leaves yesterday, the last of them he hopes, and we took two loads to the recycle depot.  The pile of leaves and garden waste was the highest and biggest we have ever seen at the depot.  Obviously, they hadn't taken many truck loads away to the compost area yet.   

Today we have rain, temp around 7*C but, it does not appear to be a very warm upcoming week according to the newspaper this morning.  Some snow every day is forecast.

Newspaper!!!   one section this morning has 12 pages, eight of those pages are full page ads for "Black Friday" sales.   One also thinks the paper is not worth buying these days when there is so little news in them.  I suspect, NO!,  I know, as we get closer to the Christmas season there will be more and more ads.  As it is we do not get a paper on Sunday or Monday, Saturday usually has a few more sections, which I suppose makes it worthwhile.

The quilting guild I belong to is going to have another "in person" meeting tonight, everyone is double vaxed and we do keep our distance, so I have no worries about going.    Last meeting, two of the members resigned, due to the fact one did not like driving at night and the other did not feel comfortable attending the meetings under the current status of the pandemic.  The number of people vaccinated is very high percentage in the area and now children are able to get the shot, so I feel OK going to the meetings.

Dinner tonight, meat loaf, cauliflower, salad and need to think of something for dessert.  Maybe a baked apple sounds like a good idea,

To all of my readers in the U.S. have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, to others from other countries have a great day no matter what your plans are. 

5 comments:

  1. Pat, this posting from you today hit the nail on the head for me regarding many things. When renewal of the in-person newspaper came in earlier this year, my husband said "Do NOT renew!". He said it wasn't worth it compared to the cost. Our paper is down to just one section now and as you said, lots of it was ads. Hubby said it took him all of 10 minutes to read the whole thing, front to back, and it simply wasn't worth it. I always liked the thought of a physical paper to read each day... it reminded me of days long ago when everybody got the newspaper. But times change & it's not the way it used to be so... I reluctantly didn't renew our newspaper for another year.

    About your quilting group... the same for me but many year earlier. I belonged to a tole painting group and our meetings were the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month. We had over 100+ members and were a busy bunch. But as each of us got older, lots of women complained about traveling at night, in the dark, so what we did was... one month we'd meet on a Saturday, during the day, and the next month we'd meet on our usual Tuesday evening at 7pm. We alternated like that for awhile until we finally made our meetings permanently on Saturdays at 9am. Then, after awhile, our group thinned out and thinned out until we only had about a dozen ladies coming. At that point we dissolved the group... which had been an official chapter of the National Society of Tole & Decorative artists for over 20 years. Now, most of the members that belonged have passed away. I don't think we should have ever dissolved the chapter but I only had one vote and the others were in the majority. So, perhaps try to switch to a daytime meeting for your quilting group. Maybe that will keep the members coming.

    Thank you for the Happy Thanksgiving wish. You have a good day too.

    ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the meeting last night we discussed having a daytime meeting, however, we still have several members who still work, and some on a rotating shift which includes Saturdays, (nurses and retirement home caregivers) so that was not an option for our group.

      Delete
  2. I still get the newspaper delivered every day, in fact often it is the only reason I get out of bed in the mornings! It takes me most of the morning to read all the sections and do the puzzles which I enjoy. On a Saturday it is a full day's job. Hope your quilting group survives especially if you enjoy it. I have gone back to my Scottish Country dance group reluctantly as it is in the evenings and we still have to wear masks. We also have to use hand sanitizer after each dance which is a bit of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand those grumpy days. Is it normal to get snow in November where you are?
    I used to love a real paper but even the Saturday paper which took all weekend to read has become smaller and less interesting. We haven't had a delivery for years now.
    I belong to a craft group and we meet every Friday and every second Saturday at a local cafe from 12 to 3. They have a meeting room and we can have a meal or just a coffee if we like. I don't mind driving at night but see why many don't feel comfortable. It is such a shame that vital aids like hearing aids are so expensive and beyond the reach of many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we get snow as early as Nov and some years at late as May. I don't mind driving at night, but the weather here is a big factor, on occasions the roads have been closed due to the amount of snow, either on the ground or blowing around. I HATE Winter.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...