Monday, November 15, 2021

A taste of Winter

 We had light snow for most of the day yesterday, ending up with 1/2 inch on the ground.  The sun is trying to shine this morning, but once in awhile a dark cloud passes and a few more flakes fall.   The leaves are falling too, you would never know Hubby picked them all up on Saturday.  

My youngest daughter and her family sent me a lovely vase of flowers, my son and DIL called and we talked for a long time.  My eldest daughter has surprise "something" for next weekend.

Our dinner which we were going to have last night did not turn out as planned.  Originally, we were going to have dinner on Monday, but the restaurant was closed, so decided we would go Sunday, yep it was closed Sunday too.   We did not feel like travelling around the city looking for a decent place to eat, as it was such a nasty night,  so we went to a drive through and bought chicken dinners and took them home.   We may go out for a lunch sometime this week.   Family and friends have left Happy B-day greetings on my FB.

We do not give each other gifts, we are no need or want for anything, and if we do we go and buy it.   When we first met, I gave Hubby a b-day card which said everything I wanted to say to him and on my b-day he did the same.  We keep them on our bedside tables, and each year we use the same card and add the year, a greeting and meaningful words.  

Tomorrow I get my Winter tires put on my car, just in time by the looks of it as old Man Winter should did arrive early this year.  I am hoping he re-thinks his arrival and comes back later, a lot later.

Have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Do you also feel winter is arriving too soon? I'm not ready for it yet. Lovely birthday flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vase of flowers in reds and whites. Happy Belated Bday. I like the pix of the tress with their autumn splendour. I have never seen a snow fall before and it is something I plan to experience one day. Sorry to hear about your eating out plans. We have not gone for a proper sit down meal outside since February. We are allowed to dine out but have decided not to, probably until next year. We also do not exchange gifts any more, no point buying when we are in process of decluttering.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...