Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Catching up

Met up with my two friends yesterday and we had a lovely lunch in a bistro.   There were only two other tables with patrons at them so we felt very comfortable.   I had a quiche and salad, it was so good and we chatted over a drink, mine a gin and tonic.   So nice to see these two girls again as both of them have had big health issues.  J has had a kidney transplant after several years of dialysis and countless other health issues.   V has been having a bad time since August with heart related issues.   Both are doing OK at the moment.  Listening to their ill health, I thought, I am three and four years older than these two and the only health related problem that I could add to this conversation was the fall that I had a little while back.  Feeling very fortunate for my good health.  

Going to put this message on hold, need to go out for a little while be back soon.

Well, that took longer than I had anticipated, so I am just going to close and call it a day.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Health is Wealth is so true. Except for the occasional aches that a mature body feels, I am in pretty good health myself and am so thankful for this. Isn't eating out a luxury now? I have not gone out and sat down for a meal with friends since March 2019. I am glad you got to meet up and even toasted a gin and tonic. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good time, however, the gin was drowning in the tonic, obviously the bartender had not made a G & T very often.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...