Thursday, November 04, 2021

Happy as a pig in s**t

 We have an answering machine connected to our telephone, as we get so many cranky calls and organizations requesting donations, this way we can choose to answer the calls or just let them go.  Yesterday the phone rang and I listened to the message.   Hubby was as happy as that pig because his parts for the lawn tractor have finally arrived.  We jumped,  that is not a very good description of how we got in the car, we don't and can't jump.  Off to get the parts, tractor repaired and he is on his merry way picking up leaves.  Nothing can beat a happy man on a piece of machinery.

Cool last night, and the sun is trying to shine this morning, no wind today which makes it feel a bit warmer.  Forecast for the next week indicates a warming trend, warming? up to 12 or 14* C  during the day.

As of the first of November I promised myself to walk every day, started off with a couple of short treks, yesterday was a half hour walk, and hope to do more today.  I made excuses during the hot weather months, so now need to get back to doing it more.

Talking to DD1 last night and she told me to keep an upcoming Sunday free and be at her house at noon.  I think she is cooking up something for my milestone birthday.  Time will tell.

I have a bag of things that need to go to the charity shop today, and making a beef stew in my slow cooker other than that not much else is pressing on the agenda.

So should  cut up the veg and get that pot going.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. A crockpot is a genius invention, isn't it? I love mine too. Enjoy that beef stew.... I'll bet it smells delicious in your house about now! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaves are still hanging on on the trees here so no raking yet. No walks either, just too cold but, like you, I need to get back into a routine.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...