Friday, November 12, 2021

Jab

It's that time again for our yearly flu shot, so this morning we went to the drug store and received the seniors dose.  The regular does is not as strong as the 65 years and older shot, it has been designed to protect the older population who might have mild health issues.  There is another formula for seniors who have compromised health issues.

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day, temp up to 18*C with lovely sunshine which made picking up those leaves an enjoyable task as we were not loaded down with clothing to keep us warm.  Upon waking this morning and looking out the window you would think we did not pick up any leaves yesterday.  The lawns are not green, covered with leaves again.  Today, is cooler, as we had rain overnight which brought in some cooler and unstable weather.

Today is my eldest grandchild's birthday, child??? she is 34 years old,  My goodness how did she get to be that age.   That sure makes me feel ancient.   Our family has three birthdays between Nov 12 and 16, granddaughter, me and SIL then another on the 26th a DIL.   

Cleaned two bathrooms top to bottom yesterday, a Autumn cleaning I suppose you could call it.   I plan on doing a room each day, doing a through cleaning.  During the Summer I just skimmed over the rooms, it was too nice to stay in and do housework.  Who was coming to look at my dust anyway, no one.  

Dinner tonight fish, veg and a salad.  I know Hubby would love a big plate of chips to go with it but that is a no no.  Don't even buy potatoes so we are not tempted to make chips.

Have a great day.

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your eldest grandchild, Pat. 34 years old... that's the age of my son. Such a lovely age! Fish sounds absolutely delicious for supper. I love the stuff, any kind... deep fried is my favorite, OF COURSE! *haha* Happy Weekend! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your autumnal header photo - it's not looking quite so brilliant here this year, more muted and still quite green. I am interested in what kind of fish you usually buy. I always have frozen Basa fillets in the freezer and have been getting fresh catfish fillets from Metro recently. They are both good although the catfish is twice the price of the Basa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have salmon. Will not buy or even eat tilapia after seeing a documentary on TV which showed where and how it was raised and fed. I cook in my toaster oven, never fry any fish at all.

      Delete
  3. There is nothing like our children and grandchildren growing up/older to remind us of our advancing years! My 90 year old aunt can't believe I'm 65 and husband is 72. I love fish although I've only started cooking it as I used to overcook it and it would smell, well, fishy. Nothing beats deep fried fish and chips or potato cakes though. Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love English style fish and chips but, do not eat them now, want to stay as healthy as I can. Greasy foods do not like my digestive tract.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...