Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Autumn is getting dressed in all her glory

While we were out getting our groceries this morning we noticed how much the leaves have changed during the past few days.   I love the colours, reds. oranges, yellows and the browns just to throw in another warm glow when the sun shines on them.   They will not be doing much glowing now, the sun has been covered with gray, ominous clouds.   Hope they don't hold that white stuff that was noted in the forecast this morning.   

As I mentioned, we got our weekly groceries this morning, I could not believe the prices of two things we put in our grocery cart. Namely, stewing beef, now as far as I am concerned this is scrap meat that cannot be used for anything else.  A small package, I would guess the meat would fill a cup and a half, cost we just a little of $10.00.  Glad you can add a lot of veggies to make at least two decent size meals.   Then there was the orange juice, a two liter carton, only a short time ago it cost $2.49, today, $3.47.   We appreciate the fact that we do not have a budget for food and do not need to count our pennies, however, I wonder how families that do have to watch what they spend, how do they cope.   A lot of them don't as the food banks are helping more and more families these days,.  I fear it will get worse during these Winter months, when Canada has to import a lot of the fruit and veg. we would normally grow here.

Yesterday, I worked on the challenge for our guilds project for 2022,  I don't make drawings, most of the time ideas come into my head just as I am going to fall asleep.   Sometimes adjustments need to be made throughout the process but normally I stick to the first idea.   

Going to do a few errands after we have had lunch, Hubby is still waiting for his part, getting very impatient so he is going to try and make the part he needs.

Dinner tonight our usual chicken and veg.  there are two portions of fruit in jelly left so that is already taken care of.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, groceries are costing more money with each trip, aren't they? Yikes! Especially meat, from what I understand. And that's a shame as meat has hardly no carbohydrates at all... it's a diabetic's friend, for sure. On the other hand, orange juice is like poison to the diabetic. One measuring cup of juice has just about as much total carbs as a diabetic should have for their whole breakfast! So you could easily never buy that again and be better off. It's just not fair tho, is it?! Pooey!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new header photo. I'm eating a lot of beans and lentils ( I'm not a big meat eater) but I do like fish which puts a big dent in my food budget. Eating lots of bananas as they seem to stay reasonably priced and can usually find apples on special. Canned vegetables are also a good buy but I was reminded that when donating to food banks be aware that not all recipients have can openers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to live where you do. Those trees look magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...