Thursday, November 11, 2021

Falling fast and Furious Today

During the past week we have had a couple of frosts, lovely sunny days and some rain, this mixture of weather I believe has prompted the leaves to start falling, and falling they are. The brisk wind we have today is also helping them to come down.   The back lawn was not green this morning, it was yellow and brown from the layer of leaves that had fallen.   Hubby was out there quite early starting the pick them up and this afternoon we took a trailer load and seven garden waste bags to the recycle depot.   The pile of leaves and garden waste at the depot was huge..  It is all loaded into large tractor trailers and taken to a facility where it is composted and sold.   I understand that companies need to make money, they pay staff to man the depot and truck the stuff away, however, I believe it would be nice if any homeowner who deposits waste and wanted compost in return should be able to get some in the Spring.   Just an idea.

I have been wearing the second trial hearing aid for 24 hours now and I really like it, so when I go back in a couple of weeks this will be the one I will purchase and watch the bank balance get lower.  I don't mind really, I look as it as being my birthday gift to me.

It was been a lovely day, temp went up to 17*C so nice I did not want to stay in the house.  After the morning household chores were done, I was outside for the afternoon, helping Hubby with the leaves, and went for a walk.  We took advantage of the nice day, as the forecast is not looking good for the next few days.  T'is November folks.

Not much else going on here today, except we plan on getting out senior flue shot after dinner. 



1 comment:

  1. You're heading into winter and we're less than a month shy of summer but it's colder here than there, today. Good to hear the hearing aids are working so well. It's a sense that we take so much for granted but miss when it's gone.

    ReplyDelete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...