Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Face Time

 Five of my great grands waited until yesterday to open their gift from me, their Mum set up a time on Face Time.  They range in age from 10 years to 18 months, so it was a noisy visit.   I do not give toys, that is Santa job,  as they are always growing and in need of clothes, that is what I give them.  The 10 year old was very pleased with his shirt, but the 4 1.2 year old is always such a pleasure to see.  Cian, love clothes, he was stripping off the ones he was wearing and putting on the new ones I gave him.  Once on, he started to model them, insisting he be the only one in the frame.  Such a sweet heart.  Happy they were pleased with everything.  The family also received a gift card for a restaurant so that they could have a takeout or delivered meal.  

 We have much welcomed sunshine today, I am sitting in my living room being warmed by the rays coming in the window.  We had a light dusting of snow overnight, so everything has a twinkle from the sun.   I might just sit here until the sun moved away from my chair. 

Dont know what happened here,  Blogger sometimes has a mind of its own I think, or it could be something I did, No not me.   ha ha.

Groceries bought this morning, and we deposited a bag into the food hamper again today.  After putting everything away, I decided to cut up some celery, went to get my paring knife and it is not in the drawer, I looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere.  The compost container in the yard thinking I had thrown it out with something, Hubby even looked in the garbage, no knife.  It was one I have used for many years, it was an extension of my hand.   I loved that knife.  Do you have a favorite kitchen utensil?

Still plugging away at the dreaded quilt.  I received a call from a fellow guild member, she has a long are and is quilts many of our members projects.  She advised  the one I had sent to her awhile ago is now done and I can pick it up.  That is a job for tomorrow.  

This is the last day for me to have drops in my right eye.   Have to start doing my left one mid January in readiness for surgery on that one.  Can't wait to get that taken care of and then I can ditch these glasses.  

Dinner tonight chicken as always on a Tuesday night.  It is Tuesday isn't it?  The days all seem to be mixed up for me at the present time.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the days are all mixed up. I've found that to be true ever since hubby retired. But it seems to be worse this time of year. As long as I don't forget which days are for garbage & recycling pickup, I'm good. :-) Hubby is about to leave to pick up our groceries "at the curb" from Walmart. I didn't need much but I thought I'd better get the few items we need because of horrible weather we having coming. It's forecast to last through next weekend. Stay warm~ Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...