Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Errands

 I know, I should be hunkered down, but I did it the correct way, mask, hand sanitizer and social distancing. 

My first stop was at my youngest daughter's, for two things to take care of there, one to give grand daughter her birthday card.  Her birthday is on Jan. 25, however, she will be in Ottawa then, so tucked in a little cheque for her 23rd.   Second, one of the members of the guild I belong to offered me so fabric, so we arranged to meet half way, which was my daughters house.  Two birds with one stone.

Second stop was at the bank to get some money, again all the proper precautions were taken and enforced by a staff member at the door.

Third stop, to pick up a quilt another member quilted for me, thus the reason for the money.

All done and on our way home, but  stopped for fuel, the price was good.

Yesterday, I put my turkey bones in a pot and today I made a big batch of turkey soup, it smells delicious.  Lunches for a few days taken care of.  Do you make soup from your turkey carcass?  I just cant throw all that good stuff in the garbage.

We had a dusting of snow over night which changed to rain, which came down hard at times, throughout the day.  Mild temp up to 6*C but it certainly did not feel like that it was bone chilling when outside.

Dinner tonight was BBQ ribs, potato wedges, asparagus and dessert lemon meringue pudding with a shortbread cookie.

That is me for today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...