Wednesday, December 23, 2020

AWOL

 Busy, busy, busy.   groceries, appointment, making, wrapping and delivering gifts have taken up most of my time during the past couple of days, by the time I though about posting it was too late and I was tired.

Yesterday, I had a follow up appointment with my eye surgeon, 20/20 in my right eye, so happy with that, will only need help from reading glasses when doing my sewing etc. also very happy about that.  Now I cannot wait to get my left eye done in January.  

My sight was getting quite bad due to the cataracts, and I was having trouble seeing all of the necessary road signs, which is not good.  At the age of 80, residents in Ontario are required to get an eye test and a driving test before they can renew their driving license.  My biggest fear was not being able to pass that test.  Loosing my independence was the worse thing that could happen to me, thus the reason for getting this work done now.  In Nov. I will be 80 years old, so hoping no other medical issue will happen, so I can continue to drive.

Also delivered a gift to my youngest great grand daughter yesterday, she is such a sweetheart, unfortunately, no hugs or kisses on this visit either. Social distancing and masks were in place.   After dinner, we went to delivery gifts to my youngest grand daughters and my youngest daughter and SIL.  Again distance and masks were in order.   My daughter works in a hospital, so did not take any chances.  I was so nice to see everyone, my GD Kassandra I had not seen since last Christmas as she is attending university in Ottawa.  She has just completed all of her courses, now hoping to get a job with the Government doing projects with bugs,  and then in September getting her Masters..

Will be visiting my sister this afternoon and taking her a little gift, then on to my eldest daughter's to drop off gifts for my five great grand children.  They will be visiting my DD1 on Christmas Day, so just to keep exposure at a minimum we decided to do the delivery this way.

As of  Boxing Day areas in S.W Ontario are in lockdown for a month, which is expected to lower the numbers of infections.  Time will tell, it will happen only if people abide by the rules.  There are always those who think the rules do not apply to them.

On a happier note, we have mild temps today, up to 7*C and the sun is trying to shine.  A couple of nice days are forecast, until the proverbial hits the fan, on Friday.   We can expect an accumulation of snow up to 10 cm.  Maybe it is a blessing in disguise, it will keep people home!  We can only hope.

Dinner tonight is up in the air at the moment, all depends what time we get home from all of our travels today.

Well, that me for right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...