Monday, December 14, 2020

Dark

 Woke this morning at 6:45 a.m. and it was as dark as night and took a long time to get light.  I hate these mornings.  We have clouds with the sun trying to poke its head through, however, it does not look as if is going to be very successful today.  It cool too, only 1*C no snow for which I am thankful.

The dinner we had last night is not like the normal Sunday dinner that I am usually cooking.  It was leftovers and clean out of fridge kind of dinner.  A bit of this and a bit of that, but good just the same.  I hate to throw out food.  So what did we have, steak, meatballs in mushroom sauce, beans and sprouts.  Jelly and fruit for dessert.  Tonight it is going to be pork chops.

Yesterday, I did some sewing on my grand daughters quilt.  I purchased a kit from a fellow guild member when she was selling some of her stash which she knew she would never use. (Unfortunately, she passed away some time after the sale she had).  I have never used a kit before and to be honest will never buy another, I am so concerned there will not be enough fabric to complete this quilt, as I have been told by other members of the guild, there is usually just enough, if it is cut properly.  Hope I am cutting it that way.  I don't like the fact that other people have made the same quilt, I like mine to be a one of a kind.  All of the fabric is a solid colours and I have decided I do not like working for this type of fabric.  So all in all not enjoying the process as I had hoped I would, keeping at it because it is for someone special.   Never again will I buy a kit.

Hubby is finishing writing his Christmas cards this morning.  Then he is going to look for a screw driver he has lost, he believes over at his daughters house. After that do not know what he plans on doing.  He did bring home a wrought iron bench he is going to repair, so that could be on the agenda for the coming days.

That's it for me today, 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...