Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Oh, Oh I hurt

 Good morning, the sun is shining again, albeit, filtered by some high clouds, but we will take sun no matter the circumstances.  It is suppose to be nice and warm today so we are planning on going for a ride in the convertible this afternoon.  The days are dwindling down to a precious few to do this, taking advantage while we can.

The gardening I have been doing for the past couple of days has taken its toll on my poor leg muscles, I hurt this morning, but having been moving around for a couple of hours it certainly feels a bit better now.  I bought some daffodil bulbs yesterday, and plan on getting  some more, a different variety than these.  I like all  Spring  bulbs, however, I do not plant tulips as the squirrels dig them up and eat them, they do not like daffodils.

While out yesterday doing some errands I picked up some ears of corn and we each had one for dinner last night,  they were absolutely delicious, both of us could have eaten more, but not on the list of desired foods for people who are pre-diabetic like Hubby.   We are going to be bad and have another with dinner tonight.  The season is so short for the local grown cobs, so we have some while we can.  

I trying to use up some of the meat we have in our freezer and took out some ham yesterday, will have some for a sandwich at lunch time, and then should find a recipe to use up the rest of it which I ground up.  Any ideas?

  Dinner tonight,  pork chops, applesauce, corn on the cob, salad, something light for dessert, maybe fruit.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you could still make ham & bean soup if the ham is ground up or not. I don't see why not... even if it would be a slightly different texture. I would think ground ham mixed with ground beef would make a fine meatloaf too. A ride in a convertible sounds wonderful! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...