Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Cold

The weather report on the TV last night was right, "We can expect a low temp of 6*C".  Had to dig out my jacket when we went for our groceries at 7:00 a.m.  I had having to pile clothes on just to go out,  it is even worse during the Winter with boots, scarves and gloves.  No sense complaining it is going to come and there is nothing we can do about it, only complain.  On the plus side, the sun is shining and it looks as if it will be a nice day.

My appointment for yesterday afternoon was cancelled so during the afternoon we both worked in the gardens pulling weeds and generally cleaning up the spent plants and raking the leaves.  We also have a large Copper Beech tree in the front garden, it is a beautiful  tree, however, two years ago it started to produce nuts, lots and lots of nuts, however, the meat inside does not mature.  Again, this year we have more nuts, we have picked up several paper garden size bags full already, and expect more to fall before its all finished.  

As I have mentioned previously we live in a University city and the students have been partying since they arrived last week, and you guessed it COVID is now on the rise in the area, as it is in Ontario.  These students are now in a panic and long lines are now forming so they can get tested.  I hope the numbers do not keep on increasing and we end up closing everything again due to them being so irresponsible.  

Dinner tonight, chicken, broccoli and salad/  not sure what is for dessert.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh man... I think I'd have to move. I wouldn't want to live in a college town during regular circumstances, let alone this virus one. Hang in there, kiddo! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...