Saturday, September 19, 2020

Plant Sale and Baby Shower

Woke to a 2*C temp this morning, however, the sun is shining and it is now a lovely afternoon.

Our local Civic Garden Complex had a plant sale this morning, so I had  to go and see what was on sale.  Specifically looking for daffodil bulbs, however, no daffodil bulbs were available.  Apparently they were on order and are now out in the middle of the ocean somewhere.  Tulips get eaten by the squirrels so I no longer plant them, they do not like daffodils they are too sour for their taste buds.  Did pick up a Japanese Painted Fern and some primroses.   There were a lot of indoor plants which looked very nice, but I dont have the space nor the proper growing conditions for them, not enough light.   Having said that, I have potted up some geraniums which seem to be doing quite well, so far.  Hubby puts up a hanging tray in front of our down stairs vestibule window, which gets a lot of sun during the Winter months.  

 Received and invitation to my grand nephew's and his wife's baby shower yesterday.  The baby is due in December, so I thought I had plenty of time to make a quilt.  Wrong, the shower is going to be held in the middle of October.  Got busy looking through my stash and found a piece which had alphabet letters and an appropriate animal for each letter.  I cut the squares around the letters and framing  them with different colours of soft green, grey, mauve, yellow, pink and blue.  Started on it yesterday afternoon and was able to complete two rows.  Liking the way it looks so far, hope to get the top finished by next Thursday, so I can get it to the woman in our guild who will quilt it for me.     

Dinner tonight chicken, rice, broccoli and a salad, dessert not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...