Saturday, September 26, 2020

Foggy

Woke this morning to a misty fog, which is being burned off quickly by the sun.  We are promised another lovely warm day, making the most of it as next week it is going to be decidedly cooler and wet.

Currently there is a load of whites in the washing machine and housework will be started as soon as I finish this post.

Hubby is currently over at his daughters as she is expecting an arborist to come and inspect a tree that is going to be taken down as it is dying and is in danger of damaging buildings  on the other side of her property.  Here in the city, (it is advertised as The Forest City because of the number of trees in it), we have to apply for permission to cut down a tree, it has to be inspected before any work can be done.  Due to the virus, it seems to be taking forever for all of this to be completed.  She does not expect it to be finished before the snow flies.

There is a lot of colour starting to show on the trees, Autumn is truly a lovely season of the year.  The brilliant reds look a lot bright and more intense this year, so looking forward to even more beautiful showing in the days to come.

As yesterday was such a lovely day we drove to visit my sister, I have not seen her for about two months so took advantage of the day to see her.  She has COPD so has been keeping a low profile during the COVID virus outbreak.  She is well, but still continues to smoke and cough.   I really do not understand, but then I have never been a smoker so dont know how hard it is to quit.  We were late coming home so stopped at a fast food restaurant for take out, so left overs tonight for dinner.  

 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word.... your sister has COPD and continues to smoke! You'd think she would be scared to death of not being able to breathe. If she's not scared she should be!! :-( How sad.

    I have diabetes. I got it from the trauma of breaking my back in 2016. I absolutely NEVER cheat on my diet. People ask me how I can have such will-power... and I tell them I'm sort of attached to my kidney function & eyesight. People still smoke who have COPD... and people still eat sugary junk who have diabetes. I could never be a doctor. I'd end up strangling some folks!!

    I'll pray for your sister. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...