Friday, September 04, 2020

Character #1

In the area where I live, there are a  great number of retired people and now university students.  As we are off the beaten track, so to speak, there is very little traffic, which of course, makes it a perfect place for people to get their daily constitutional or walk to school or work, so we see a vast array of "characters". 

My hubby and I are very observant, watching nature of every kind, which of course includes people.

So today, I will try and describe one of those characters.  It is a lady, tall, (anyone over 5 feet is tall for me), and erect lady.  She always wears the same outfit, whether it is hot or cool.  Starting from her head down she has a wide brimmed straw hat, with what looks like a wide purple band, which could be a scarf, around the crown. This covers her long black hair.  On her body she wears a long purple gown which sweeps the ground and appears to be of a heavy weight fabric.  On top of that there is a flowing black cape.  To complete the ensemble, on her feet she wears sandals.  With her long strides and the wind blowing the fabric of her outfit swings and sways.

I am not saying she is a street person,  just the opposite she appears to be well dressed just a little different from the average dressed person that walks by.  To give her the benefit of the doubt, she could be allergic to the sun, as every inch except for her hands are covered.   

Today is a lovely sunny day, but cooler, which is just fine with me.  Air conditioning off and the windows open letting in some fresh air.

The flowers are looking very  tired, soon it will be clean up time in the garden.  

Dinner tonight, left over Alfredo chicken, mushroom and pasta casserole, and salad.  It was yummy last night.  Dessert not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...