Monday, September 14, 2020

Garden tidy up

 Today I had an appointment with my investment company, but it was postponed until next week.  Not that I have lot of investments to worry about.  With the market the way it is right now, one knows how much, or how little their money is making these days.  Anyway, the money is better than being in a savings account in the bank, as only pennies are made there.

Because of the cancelled appointment I need to make other plans for this afternoon, so garden tidy up is on the "to do" list.  The weeds are starting to take over and some plants need to be thinned out or moved.  All the plants are looking very tired now anyway, so as today is quite nice it is good time to do this work, hate leaving it and doing when it is cold.   It's bad enough when the leaves have to be picked up in the cold weather.

Not much happening around the estate today, have not seen the deer for a few days, the hummingbirds are still here as I saw one this morning.  The tomatoes are still ripening on the vines, hope the warm sun will do its magic during the next few days.  

We went for a short drive yesterday and saw a field full of pumpkins, lots of them but not very big.  The newspaper was reporting a possible new way of the children having to do their trick or treating this year.  

School children in the area returned to school today, I am so glad I do not have the worry of that.   I feel for my grand daughter and her three children going to school this morning.  I live in a university city, and new cases have been reported because the students are not following the rules.  It was expected, they do not think they will contract the virus, but guess what,  they do, I hope they realize it now.

Dinner tonight left over ribs, veg not sure yet, and a salad.  Dessert fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...