Thursday, September 24, 2020

Late again

 I started a post yesterday but that is as far as it went, so starting off a new one today.

On Tuesday we both went to see our eye surgeon, Hubby for his last check up after having surgery two years ago.  He has had a problem with his left eye, so the Dr. gave it a laser treatment, which has corrected it.  Marvelous what they can do these day.  Me, I have cataracts, the right eye is worse than the left, so it looks as if surgery is in the cards for me.  The Ontario Government  has OHIP which covers a lot of medical and drug costs, but not all, extra coverage can be purchased through your place of employment. .  Because my late husband worked for the government he had a very good health plan which was transferred to me when he passed.   I am mentioning this because the contact lens that is paid for by OHIP will not correct the problem I have with my eyes, and my additional coverage will not cover it either, so some big bucks are going to be coming out of my bank account.  I have decided to go to a private clinic at which my Dr. does his surgeries.  My worst fear is loosing my eye sight so that I cannot drive my car.  I would be devastated if I didnt have the option to go anywhere at any time I wanted.  

Wednesday, we went for another drive, it was such a beautiful day.  Ended up in an "artsy fartsy" place with little shops full of expensive stuff that no one needs.  We did not go in any of them, but did walk around the park and then sat and had a drink.  The trees are starting to change colour, lovely reds, oranges and yellows.  Onward, we went to the mariner, so many sail boats and then a walk on the pier.  The lake was calm and there were three children at the wasters edge trying to swim.  The waster must still be quite warm, maybe not, kids go in the water no matter what the temps.  Decided to travel to another lake side town, unfortunately this place has taken a beating from the shut down due to the virus.  A lot of the shops were shuttered and will be now for the Winter season.  Time to head for home the sun is getting low in the sky.  A lovely day out.

Today, Thursday.  foggy early this morning, sun now burned it off and it is forecast to be a hot day.  Hubby has a couple of appointments this afternoon, so no drive today.   He is currently at his daughters doing some odd jobs for her, she is single, so has no man to do these things for her.  Me. I need to finsh s baby quilt I am working on, so it can begiven to the quilter tonight as we have our first in person meeting since June.  Looking forward to that.

So I had better get myself moving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, thank your lucky stars about that insurance. That's worth its weight in gold, for sure. Good luck with the eyes. I didn't have cataracts the last time I had my eyes examined but something's going on since then. I have a little cloudiness. Pooey! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...