Sunday, May 01, 2022

April shower

We had rain over night, one last April shower before May started.  Now the flowers can start blooming in earnest.  

Took things easy yesterday, easy??  The sewing room looks better after all my hard work in there, still need to tweak a few things and also tidy up the fabric cupboard, then its all done.   I have an old sewing machine which I hope one of the quilting group ladies is going to take and there is also some large pieces of paper, which was going to be used to draft patterns....nah..... that is not going to happen, so they are going to my granddaughter's children to draw pictures on.   There is also a quilting frame I think will be put on the web to sell.  I have used it several times, however, it is such a hassle to set up and take down, so much easier to send quilts to a long arm quilter.  

It is still looking as if we could get another shower as the sky is darkening up, Hubby is hoping it will rain some more as he put some fertilizer on the lawn yesterday and this rain will help it do its job.  We are having a lawn service come and aerate the lawn tomorrow, so hope the rain is all done by the morning.

Had a message this morning from my eldest great granddaughter, she  is 10 years old, she was thanking me for her birthday money.   It is great her parents have taught her and her siblings some manners when it comes to "pleases and thank you's".    It is one thing I find lacking in the young people of today.  Call me old fashioned but, manners never go out of style. Do you agree?

Dinner tonight leftovers,  still some pork roast and cauliflower to eat.   Will do an extra veg and have one of the individual peach tarts with some ice cream of whipped cream.  


  

2 comments:

  1. It is certainly nice when the young ones acknowledge gifts received but it is a dying art. Sometimes I'll get a phone call or a text but seldom mail. We had some rain today (not much) but luckily after our tennis game. We could do with some more for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manners should never be underestimated. Sadly, in this me me me me age many don't even know what they are.

    ReplyDelete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...