Thursday, May 12, 2022

Lazy day

 Yesterday I was determined to just be lazy and I was successful, as I can say, I did not do much, just the basic things needed to be done around the house, looked for a block pattern for our guilds comfort quilt and even cheated on dinner, hot dog, salad (out of a bag), and a can of brown beans.  Dessert, was a prepared pudding cup.

We had a visit from the son of the man that died in his house next door.  He asked if we would check the house on a regular basis until family can return to start the task of cleaning out his possessions. He gave a brief tour of the house, OH my goodness.  The deceased, was a very busy man, involved in the NASA, always coming and going somewhere.   His family has a monumentour task ahead of them, which will take months and months to go through the boxes.   Because the deceased was never home for any length of time, Hubby cut his grass, and has been doing it for 20 years or more and never took any money for doing it.  The son, has now given the new riding lawn mower/tractor that his father bought a couple of years ago, as payment for all of the past grounds maintenance.  Hubby is very appreciative of the gift.

Well, I should get myself moving, still not getting into the garden, it is forecast to be hot for the next couple of days.  Summer like temps of 30*C plus.

Chat later, have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I should be planting potatoes but it's too darn hot. By the time I putter around with plants in pots on the back deck, I'm done for.
    What a generous gift. We had a neighbour pass last year. My partner is a music nut. He was just astounded when they gifted him the fellows very expensive stereo system. My guy helped the family as much as he could while the gentleman was struck by cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite as hot here, just low 20`s. It is a bit hot for May, though! I wish I could get my pool open but I am still waiting for the tree to come down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you certainly get extremes of temperature! The mower was a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...