Tuesday, May 03, 2022

New visitor today

 There are a large number of birds that come to our feeder every day.  We had this young man come several times this morning to get his fill.    It is a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. The photo's are not very sharp as I was taking them through a window.


 


The date on this photo is wrong, forgot to change it when putting in a new battery.
With all the birds returning to the area, I am will soon need to get out the feeders for the humming birds and Baltimore Orioles.

We have rain today, quite heavy at times too.   It will be all finished by early morning tomorrow, then we have sunshine for the rest of the week.

I was going to do some errands this afternoon, but they will wait until tomorrow, need to get a story book for my great granddaughter "A" for her third birthday this coming weekend.  Cake and ice cream outside, so hoping the forecast is right.

We got our weekly groceries this morning, I see in the parking lot the temporary garden centre has been erected and a few perennials are inside.  I will wait for a couple of weeks for my plants as most of them are going to be annuals.

Dinner tonight, chicken, asparagus, mushrooms and chocolate mousse for dessert.


2 comments:

  1. He's quite gorgeous! I presume it's a "he" as they are usually more colourful than the females. We get quite a few Cardinals and the occasional Blue Jay but mostly it's sparrows here. Hope you find a nice book - children's books are so lovely these days. Buying books was my favourite thing when I was a school librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bird. I should try to capture some of ours (on film)

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...