Sunday, May 15, 2022

Nature at its best

Love this time of the year, everything coming alive,  even I feel a new spring in my step.  This lovely weather is a bonus, however, it is suppose to rain tomorrow, how many times have we heard that and....no rain.  So won't believe it until is it coming down.  We do need it, ground very dry,.

When I did my errands of Friday I picked up a wire saddle for a grave stone, a floral sponge thingy and some silk flowers, after dinner last night I made a new arrangement for my parents grave marker.   To buy one, they cost a fortune with very few flowers, so decided to make one of my own.  In the past I have made several so decided to do another for both Mum and Dad.  Yellow, pink and white flowers with some fern fronds made a nice arrangement.  Did not turn out just as I had pictured it in my mind, however, happy with the way it looks, I am sure if they could see it, they would approve.  The one that is currently there I will bring home and redo the flowers, this time with fall and winter colours, and will put that one on before the weather gets too nasty to travel.  

Just as we were going to bed last night the power went off and came on again within seconds, off just long enough to turn off all the clocks, so at midnight we were fixing them all to the right time.  How come we have so many clocks?  The microwave, two bedroom alarm clocks, kitchen clock and there is one in the rec room not even done yet.  The garage lights came on, the printer and the humidifier turn off.   We really do depend on electricity for so many things.  My sister's went out for six hours a few days ago, she could not do anything.  She has a well where she gets her water, the pump is an electric one, so could not even flush her toilet.  I suggested she should get some bottled water, so that she could at least have a drink, even though it was not tea or coffee.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, no matter what your plans, me.... today is a ME day, Sundays I always try to take things a bit easy, doing something I like doing,  NO....housework, just the basic bed and toilet.  NO.....heavy garden work, just watering what pots of plants I might have.   NO...big fancy dinners, just a quick prepared meat of some kind, baked potato and a veg or salad.   So what is ME doing, I will finish this and prepare the binding for a quilt, sew it on with the machine and then finish it with some hand sewing outside under the shade of the awning on the balcony.  Sew, sip a lemonade and listen and look at the birds and butterflies.  Then if any time left, I will work on my memoirs.  

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty busy day to me. Hope you enjoyed doing just what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your YOU day sounds delightful. The power going off is such a nuisance in more ways than one. I keep finding time pieces with the wrong time for weeks afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...