Wednesday, May 04, 2022

An inch and a half

With the chances of a big freeze past us now.....keeping fingers crossed that is  true, I put my rain gauge out  yesterday.  It rained for most of the day and the reading on the gauge indicated an inch and a half of rain during the past 24 hours.  Today, it is cloudy with a few breaks which shows some blue sky, so a better day for sure.  Even better tomorrow according to the forecast.

Went shopping this morning, the book I purchased for Great granddaughter  A, is called Wild Symphony, written by Dan Brown, who also wrote The Da Vinci Code.  On the inside cover it says..."This is not a normal book.  If you would like to hear music while you read the book, just scan this QR code for the free app.  Music soon will fill the air.  

Also went looking for a watch band for Hubby, they are scarce as hen's teeth. as I did not find one.  Almost bowled over by a store clerk as he was in such a hurry, are you OK he said, as I was clinging to one of the display cabinets.  Then he went on his merry way, and me, I walked out of the store.

Then I decided to do something for me, for Mother's day, so stopped at a salon and made an appointment for a pedi and mani on Friday.   Don't do this often, but I am finding it harder to cut my toe nails as they should be, so decided to give myself a treat.

The trees are starting to show some green, so in my opinion, Spring is officially here.  

Not much else going on here today.

2 comments:

  1. That book sounds wonderful. I shall have to see if I can get it here. a mani/pedi is a perfect gift to oneself. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice here too - I cut all the grass today and the lawns are looking very healthy. Just a few random leaves on the trees here but it won't be long until they are all green!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...