Thursday, May 26, 2022

I'm Back

It has been a busy few days around  here, so really not much time to sit and compose a post.

Monday,  a friend and I went to the movies, her friend and my Hubby did not want to see Downton Abbey.   We are both from the UK, so have always watched D A. thoroughly enjoyed  the movie then I went to her new apartment for coffee and a sweet treat.   Got home just in time to start dinner,  we chatted for a long time

Tuesday,  groceries and then I visited a garden centre, oh how I wished I had the energy to plant all those beautiful plants.  Got some annuals and planted five window boxes, still have some to go into a planter in front of the garage and into the side garden.   Body says....NO  So planted a terrarium with plants liking the moisture environment for inside the house.

Wednesday, had my Winter tires taken off my car and Summer ones installed.  The son of the man who lived next door gave Hubby the riding lawn mower his father owned.  Hubby had cut his grass for years, never charged anything, so this was a lovely gesture on the son's part.  Hubby is thrilled, the one he has been using is on its last legs, or should I say wheels.

Thursday,  today housework, where did all that dust come from and those leaf coverings from the Copper Beech, they stick to your shoes and eventually work their way from the entry mat to every room in the house.   Tonight is quilt guild meeting, two members and myself are in charge of the program, so I need to go earlier than usual, so an earlier dinner.  We will have something that does not make too many dirty dishes, Hubby's turn tonight to get them taken care of.  We have a dishwasher but seldom use it. 

The storm we had on the weekend was called a "derech"  which is a large group of thunderstorms, one of which became a tornado.   The storm system was 250 km wide and did 1,000km of damage as it cut a swath through S. W. Ontario up to Quebec.   Here in the city I live in, many trees were uprooted, some falling on houses etc.  As of yesterday, some residents were still without power.  We had no damage on our estate.

My sister now has her arm in a sling, apparently no cast, as it is not needed for the location of the break, as it would not help the healing.   Hopefully, she will feel up to a visit this coming weekend.

Showers are forecast for today and tomorrow but, weekend looking better.

Dinner, having thought about it, pork chops, baked potato and veg not sure what yet.  Dessert, not sure about that either.

Long winded today.

Cheers, have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Missed you, Pat, but I was pretty sure you were just busy! Your garden will be an absolute delight once you are finished. I got some vegetables and herbs in this week but haven't thought about annuals. I don't usually buy many as I have a lot of perennials just appearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. I'd love to see some photos of your new plants. The terrarium is interesting. I had one in the 70s but never thought to make one at home. Something else to google!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...