Friday, May 13, 2022

Oh! what a lovely day

Today, I needed to do a couple of errands this morning, Hubby puttered in the garden and did some painting on a couple of windows which needed doing, I dug up some weeds this afternoon.  Still pacing myself, it is so hard.

Yesterday was a lovely day, we slept with the windows open and they have all been open today.  It is so nice to have the fresh warm air in the house.  The only downside of that, is the pollen blowing through the screens, some cleaning will needed to be done tomorrow.  It has been feeling even warmer today as there is a bit of humidity too.   As I write at 6:45 p.m. some light cloud has moved in, we are to expect some rain in the coming days.   We need it as the ground is very dry.  I need to move some plants so going to wait until the ground is softer as we have a clay based soil, which bakes into a hard shell on top.

My sister told me today, the black flies are here, so I must find my "monster from the black lagoon" hat.  It has netting attached to it which comes down over my shoulders.  The black flies love warm areas around the back of ears and in the hair line at the back of the neck.  I have quite an allergic reaction to the bite, swelling up around the bite area and it is quite painful.  Always an antihistamine  on hand at this time of the year.

On Monday, we just saw a hint of green leaves on the trees, now most of them are in full leaf.  Spring is busting out all over at our neck of the woods.

Chat tomorrow. 




2 comments:

  1. It does get hard to pace oneself when there is so much to do. You will be grateful if you manage to! Your black flies sound vicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm hoping for a bit of rain too. I want to get some vegetables started. I doubt we will get any frost here now.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...