Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The smell is making me hungry

 The turkey bones did not get put in the soup pot yesterday, they remained in the fridge until this morning after I got the celery and carrots when we got our groceries.  Now they are gently simmering away, and as my title indicated, it smells so good, I could eat it now, but it needs some more time.   

As mentioned, we got our groceries this morning,  and the cereal aisle had a lot of empty spaces with signs indicating there was a supply issue.  Most of the missing ones were popular ones such as, corn flakes and rice crispies.  A sign of the times...could be.

We had a light dusting of snow overnight, but the temp is now 3*C so it is starting to melt, the weekend forecast is calling for rain.   Another day not having to shovel snow, so I will take it, not that I shovel snow any more.  Too hard for me to do, so Hubby uses the snow thrower.

Not much else on the agenda today, will finish the soup and continue to sew the binding down on the quilt currently be made for a local Women's Shelter.   Then I am going to put the blocks on our guilds chemo quilt together, sandwich it with batting and backing then quilt it.   Want to get those two things taken care of so I can start a new project.  Lots of ideas are running around in my head, so will need to concentrate on at least one of those.

Almost lunch time, so will get off here and get moving. 

Have a wonderful day, no matter what you are doing.

4 comments:

  1. No empty shelves here but I did notice an abundance of frozen turkeys and stuffing. Maybe they will be marked down the next time I go shopping! Hope you will post photos of your finished quilts. I am full of admiration for anyone who can produce something so useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw a lot of turkeys also, in the past I have had the butcher cut one in half while still frozen, if they do go on sale I might just do that again.
      In due course I will show some of my quilts, I have given away to family.

      Delete
  2. 41*C in the car today. I guess we have no hope of snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send some heat, please. I miss sitting outside in shorts and top or a nice cool dress.
      Enjoy.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...