Friday, December 17, 2021

House cleaning

 Cleaned the main living floor yesterday and just finished the downstairs.  Made sausage rolls this morning also, had to put them in the freezer or I would eat them all.  No very pleased with the puff pastry I bought last week, it wasn't very puffy.   It tasted good though, so that is all that matters.

I believe a mentioned a little while back, we rescued a Christmas tree from being composted, I have had it in a pail of water in our cold room and we decided to decorate it today.   It didn't go well, as soon as we moved it too many needles came off of it and I was not comfortable putting lights on it.  They get warm and you know what happens then.   It will be back in the recycle depot tomorrow.  Disappointed to say the least but I still have a small artificial one which has been used for several years, so that will be my focus either this afternoon or tomorrow. 

Here in the city where I live we did break a record for the high temp for Dec. 16th.  it went up to 16.8*C, today, is a different story, only a high of 4*C but we do have sunny skies and no winds like we had yesterday.

Not getting as many Christmas cards this year as I have done in the past, I am sure a lot of people are cutting back as the postage is quite expensive especially for international mail.  There is a lot of on line greetings taking place too, so that is probably a more accurate reason.  I remember years ago my MIL would have a ribbon strung from corner to corner in her loving room, it was not a small room either and cards would be filling that ribbon.  You must remember also, if the envelope was not sealed it only cost a couple of cents to mail it almost anywhere.  

Have not heard from Hubby's DIL as to whether her mother and brother will be joining us for Christmas dinner, she always leaves everything to the last minute, so don't expect and answer until Christmas morning.   Going to prepare as if they are coming, all the extra food can be frozen and used in the coming week.

Dinner tonight, not sure yet must start thinking about it.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, much colder today here too, Pat. I had to line up for my booster shot and was glad of a winter jacket. Didn't take long, though. How many will you have on Christmas Day for a meal? We will just be six but, considering the new regulations, that's probably enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thunderstorm one minute, hot sun the next. Not a pleasant day here with high temps.
    I would be miffed if someone was unable to confirm attendance on Christmas Day til the last minute. But I am easily miffable at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...