Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Baking

 Shortbread cookies, butter tarts and a few mince tarts all made this afternoon.  Now, having a few minutes sit down before I start getting dinner ready.   Can't really say "start" as we are leftovers from yesterday's and the day before dinner.   I am sure some of you are saying yucky, but I hate throwing away good food just because it has been in the fridge for a day or two. Dinner is---roast beef, asparagus, squash,  and I might do a salad to balance it all out.  Have no idea for dessert, maybe one of those baking items for me, Hubby well, we shall see what he wants, likely nothing.

He has been doing some errands this afternoon, just arrived home.  Yesterday, he said he no longer wants or needs to work, it has taken two years for him to come to that conclusion.  

Seventy two hours since we saw our great granddaughter, so keeping our fingers crossed we remain free of the virus.

Cool and cloudy today, a few little flakes in the air but really nothing  to mention.   It appears we might have a green Christmas, which is just fine with me.

Well, dinner was perfect, no pots and pans to wash, my kind of dinner.

Taking it easy for a while, been on my feet all afternoon, going to watch TV after 8:00 p.m.



3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed you are not infected - a bad time of year for that sort of thing. I love leftovers for the same reason - easy and not so many dishes. This week I had sausages and beans four days running with just a few extra vegetables added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left overs are often better the next day(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. MERRY CHRISTMAS CHICK! I hope you have a really lovely Christmas with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...