Thursday, December 30, 2021

Slow week and Quilts.

 The days this week seem to be going so slow, not that I want to wish my life away, but yesterday, even Hubby was thinking it was Thursday and had all of the garbage ready for pickup, which is not until tomorrow.  Maybe it is because we got to the grocery store on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.   We are such creatures of habit, do something out of sequence and we are thrown off course very quickly.   

Do you have a regular routine or just wing it?

Made lots of turkey soup, some for today and tomorrow and the rest will go into the freezer for other lunches or dinners.   Not sure what we will have for dinner tonight, all the leftovers from Christmas are gone,  so will have to cook something  today, maybe something light for a change, salmon with some stuffed mushrooms on the side and a salad. Or, turkey soup, sausage rolls and a salad.  Got a couple of hours to decide.

 I have been asked to show some of the quilts I make, here are three made for my children and their spouse.   The brown one was for my DD1 and SIL, the blue for DD2 and SIL, and the green one for son and DIL.



I will show more in future posts.

Currently working on the binding for the quit for a local Women's Shelter which will be given through our guild. Also, need to start putting together the blocks for our guilds Chemo unit donation.
 

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful quilts! You are very talented and creative. I guess it is easier once you have done a few but I can't even imagine how to attempt something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. quilting has been my hobby since I retired, got me through some rough years with my late husband, now continue to work on them during these past two trying years.

      Delete
  2. WOW! They are amazing quilts. What do you use to quilt with? A long arm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These quilts are Queen size, they were sent out to a long arm quilter in our group, they are just too big for me to handle. Smaller quilts and wall-hangings quilt on my sewing machine.
      Thank you

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...