Sunday, December 12, 2021

Missed a few days

 But now back,   still very little going on around our house these past few days, just the usual chores that need to be done.

All of the gift shopping is now done for my great grands, just need to get some money from the bank for two of my granddaughters that are in university and college.   I also give Hubby's two youngest grandchildren a small amount of cash too and he does the same for my two mentioned above.   Once anyone in my family is over 18 years of age or working I do not buy gifts.  There are just too many to buy for.  I have a gift of an amerlisis (sp?) bulb for my sister to plant and plan on visiting her within the next few days to give it to her.  

After a windy day yesterday, we have a few small branches to pick up from the trees around our property and I had to retrieve my compost container lid from the front lawn, other than that no damage for us.   Today, we had a frosty morning, but now a beautiful blue clear sky and sunshine, cooler than yesterday but that is OK.  

Hubby talked to his DIL yesterday to make plans for Christmas dinner, in the past Hubby's son and family would have a mid day meal with his MIL at noon, and come here for dinner and no one ate very much as they were still full, so I was getting rather upset as I cooked a lovely meal, (in my opinion) and they just picked at the food.   I needed something to change.   The solution we have suggested is son and DIL's family and DIL's Mother and brother come here for dinner, everyone will be together for the day and eat the dinner I cook, I must also add that Hubby does a lot to help prepare the meal.

My children will be having their families for Christmas dinner, so only seven of them will be visiting me on Boxing day.   I will have two charcuterie boards one savory and one sweet to nibble on during the afternoon.  I feel sad and somewhat upset that I will not get to see all of my six great grands and the rest of my family but, it is what it is and nothing can be done about it.   One of my granddaughters and her family have not had any of the jabs, so I am having trouble telling her I can't invite them over, we are healthy but our age is not on our side, so we need to limit the amount of intentional possible exposure to a minimum.    I should not complain as they are all doing well, they are healthy and have good jobs.   Some live some distance from me, as they needed to go where those jobs are there for them to have.  

Yesterday, I gave Hubby a haircut and he still was able to go out in public without worrying about how he looked.   I said don't worry about that, with a mask on nobody knows who you are anyway.  LOL  I did do a good job, (again, if I do say so myself).  

Football day today, Hubby just got all of his TV games looked up, I know where he will be all day,  he will be a couch potato for sure.  Me, some sewing is calling me and I need to start making some lists  as I always do.

Have no idea what we will be having for dinner, could be a pizza eaten in front of the TV.   Something we very seldom do.   Actually, I could almost count on two hands the amount of times during my lifetime I have sat in front of the TV to eat any meal.   Do you eat at a table either in your kitchen or dining room OR do you eat on a regular basis in front of the TV?   When I eat out, I do not like going to a restaurant which has multiple TV's hanging on every wall in the place.  No conversations happening.

Well, must get myself moving. have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you have got things sorted for the Christmas celebrations but sad that your granddaughter and her family won't be able to join you. With so many grands and great-grands it must be difficult to accommodate everyone. We will just be six for the Christmas meal(at my house this year) and everyone has at least one shot. I managed to book my booster today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your sadness. It's the same here.
    We eat at the table but the telly is on and we watch a quiz show and guess the answers and laugh a lot. If we have family or guests (what are they again?) the telly stays off. The only place I think it's acceptable to have TVs when out is in the sports bar at the pub which I wouldn't set foot in anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...