Friday, December 31, 2021

Pea Soup

 No, not the kind you eat, the weather kind.

Woke this morning to thick fog, it has since lifted and it is cloudy and damp, certainly  not the weather we normally see in this area at this time of the year.  It is quite mild, 7*C and rain is forecast for Saturday,  Another day closer to Spring with no snow and freezing temperatures.  

These dark evenings we tend to settle down for the night either reading or watching the "tube" until past midnight some nights even later.   Hubby naps for an hour or so, but I can't, so he is awake and ready to start the day shortly after 7:00 a.m. as he had his required sleep.  Me, however, I need at least 7 1/2 hours sleep each night but, have not been getting that for several nights recently, what with the holidays etc.   Last night did not get into bed until 1:00 a.m. so, this morning I slept in and my feet did not hit the floor until 8:30 a.m. Did not even need to visit the loo.    Feel a bit more ambitious today.    

I keep a diary of everything we do each day, usually at least one member of the family gives me  one for Christmas, however, did not get one this year, so had to go and buy myself one this morning.   Just happened to walk past, not that is not true, I made a beeline for the potato chip dips in the dairy counter as one kept on calling my name.  Our New Year's eve snack.  Tomorrow, well that is the day I stand on the blessed scales in the bathroom, I swear it lies.   Make a note of the number in said diary, and intend on losing some of those holiday pounds and also the ones that have a habit of  piling on over time.   This is not a new years resolution, I never keep them anyway, but a conscious effort to be healthier in the coming year and years down the road. 

Hoping this weather stays and the streets and pathways remain clear of ice and snow, wishful thinking, I know, but I plan to walk every day, even if it just a short distance.  

Hubby is out picking up some stray leaves that were missed in November, he is pleased the snow has gone so he can take care of that job at the neighbours.   They asked him to take care of the lawn and leaves earlier in the year as they rent out this property to students, and most of the time I believe they are out of the country in Bermuda.

Time to get myself moving,

Wishing all who visit my blog a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Stay safe.

Regards.

 

2 comments:

  1. And a Happy and Healthy New Year to you too, Pat. It can't be any worse than the last two (fingers crossed) and I am optimistic it will be a grand site better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Pat. It was 39*C yesterday and forecast to be much the same today. Here's to a great 2022. We got through the past 2 years, we can get through anything!

    ReplyDelete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...