Thursday, December 02, 2021

Better late than never

Busy, busy again!   A late post tonight.

Today we had a mixture of weather, this morning, sunshine and a balmy temp of 12*C, all of the beautiful snow we had .... gone.  After lunch it became cloudy and very windy, blowing over a neighbours birch tree.  Now, I  must admit it wasn't really a tree, just a trunk, surprised it has not come down before now.   Later in the afternoon, it became cold, the cold that bites through, certainly not feeling like the 6*C mark on the thermometer.  Now, after dinner it has started to rain.   I call this "R.N."  runny nose  weather.

I pruned, well I suppose you can't call cutting some small branches of a tree  that does not belong to you, pruning, can you!  The 25 foot high or more tree, was on the side of a field belonging to the University, I am sure they did not even know this tree existed  there, so I helped to keep it neat and tidy by taking a couple of low pieces  for an arrangement on my front porch urn.  While I was gone Hubby tried to pick up some more leaves and was able to get enough for us to take to the recycle depot.  We deposited our load alongside someone else unloading their leaves and the woman was picking through some of the pine boughs left there, for an arrangement of her own.  Then she found two Christmas trees, giving one to me and she took the other for herself.   The tree was small, just the tip of a tree really, it will be in my living room for the Christmas season.  This is the first real tree I have had in so many years I can't remember how long.

I feel happy today, getting a little bit into the Christmas spirit.

Two granddaughters with little ones responded to my emails regarding sizes for clothes etc. so will start my shopping next week.  

All the chores done for the day and just settling in for the evening.



  

4 comments:

  1. The "found" Christmas tree will be welcomed, I'm sure, as I have heard they are in short supply this year. Hope it keeps nicely until the big day. Will you have family visiting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my children and their spouse are grandparents, so visiting with their family is a priority, now. Hope they will visit over the season. Youngest daughter and family will be with me on Boxing Day and we will have finger foods, as she has already had their big Christmas meal.
      Tree is in cold room and in a bucket of water.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely find. No tree here. The kids get theirs from one of several farms but as it's just the two of us here I can't be bothered. Call me Grinch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had a real tree for years, love the smell in the house. Have used an artificial one. Just the two of us too, but looking forward to decorating it as some family members will be showing up. I am a Grinch too, but I need Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...