Sunday, December 05, 2021

Slow Sunday

 Sunday, a day of rest, so that is exactly what I hope to do today, it never happens that way but  lets just say it will be slower.

Hubby cooked breakfast this morning as he does every Sunday, it is so nice to get up and not have to prepare a meal.   We do not go out for breakfasts or brunch,  I like to take my mornings easy until after I have eaten, showered and got dressed.   Going out to work five days a week for 27 years as well as  looking after a family,  retiring, then caring for an ill husband for ten years, it's time for me to  take my mornings SLOW.  That is what I do now.   Do you go out for your morning meal?  OR have your breakfast as home?   The only time my routine is changed is when I went on vacation and when we go on vacation now, those are days of relaxation.  

Planning on doing some Christmas shopping tomorrow, I have a list made, not that I buy a lot of gifts these day,  but usually I forget something or other.   Going to the garden centre to get a poinsettia  that I usually display on the fireplace hearth in the living room.  We don't light the fire in the living room only the one in the rec room.  

I am a list maker, for almost everything so need to get one started on Christmas dinner and Boxing Day nibblies get togethers.   I like to be organized, my sister thinks I have OCD and sometimes I think I do, but only a mild case of it.  She always "wings it"  I cannot do that.

Dull grey day, might get some rain this evening, and tomorrow more rain, rather that then snow.  

Hubby is getting the lawn mower ready to store away for the Winter and has retrieved the snow thrower from the back of the garage, time to get ready for the onslaught of snow which we know is going to arrived sooner or later.  I would prefer the latter or never would be better.   He is getting much too old to shovel and I will not do that anymore, too hard on my body.

Dinner tonight, roast beef, potato, brussel sprouts, roasted parsnip, carrots, and gravy.   Fruit in jelly for dessert.       

Time to get myself warmly dressed for my jaunt out for my walk, have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. What a sensible way to start the day. My breakfast routine never changes. Most days I have fruit and yogurt but on the weekend I usually have something "eggy", an omelette or boiled or poached eggs. Wednesday I have porridge as that is my fitness class day and I need a bit more energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to sort ourselves out during the day and then one of us will cook dinner. I am a list maker as well. I have made lists of lists I need to make. Winging it scares the bejeezus out of me!!
    Life where you are does sound like hard work. I shall admire from afar but will still complain about the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat breakfast as a general rule... if I do it's a piece of fruit. I only eat one main meal per day and that's about 2pm. I didn't realize this is called "intermittent fasting" until a couple weeks ago. I drink a cup of instant coffee for breakfast... eat my main meal about 2pm.... and then around 7pm I might have a yogurt or another piece of fruit. That's it for the day... with lots of water inbetween. That seems to work best for my diabetes and keeps my weight within healthy limits. I'm happy there's a name for my pattern of eating. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...