Monday, May 18, 2020

Rain, rain and more rain

Over night we had an inch of rain and today, so far, it has been raining quite steady.  Temp is have a difficult time to get over 13*C.  But, the forecast is looking so much nicer after tomorrow, with sunny skies and temps going up to 24-26*C on Saturday.  Bring on the sunshine, days like today make me very lazy.

 I am starting a new quilt. this one for my youngest grand daughter, all of my grand kids get a quilt from me when they turn eighteen.  She will be 18 years old on June 5th.   I want to have it ready for her by the time she goes to college in September.  She is taking her first year of flight training, so making a quilt called "City Aviation", it has a number of flying geese  and pin wheel blocks in it.  All done in solid neutrals ranging from creams to dark brown with yellows, green and a pop of burgundy.  The flying geese and pinwheels are 3D, so I am going to make some "test" blocks before making them for the quilt.  It is a kit, never done a kit before, so the fabric is just enough to make the quilt, and I am guessing not much left over.  Wish me luck.

As I said this is a lazy day so no much going on.

Stay safe Stay healthy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...