Monday, May 25, 2020

July ......in May?

Two weeks ago we had snow, grant you it did not stay on the ground, but it was snow just the same.   Today, it is hot and humid, similar to weather we can expect in July.  How hot?   as I write this at 10:20 a.m. my thermometer is reading 27*C in the shade, feeling like 32-35*.   I am not complaining, we have waited for this for a long time.

Worked on my dgd quilt yesterday, did not get very far though.  It is a kit, not fond of kits, however, one of our quilt guild members was selling her fabric late last Fall,  she was ill and did pass away just before Christmas. RIP Roxie.   The kit was perfect for my dgd, and of course very reasonable, it's the first kit I have ever purchased and I might add the last.  It is just four easy blocks, some of which are 3D and it is all done in solid colours.  Really out of my comfort zone on all areas.   Hoping to get my scrappy quilt back from the long arm quilter soon, so the binding can be added and call that a finish. 

Plan on doing a bit more in the garden today, once the sun gets around and there is some shade on the front garden and lawn.

Dinner tonight is going to be cooked on the BBQ and will likely be cheese burgers and a nice big green salad.  Jelly with fruit was made yesterday, so enough for tonight and a couple more meals as well.

Stay safe, Stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...