Monday, May 11, 2020

SNOW

Yea, snow  is what we woke up today, not a lot, but everything was covered by a good layer.   The temp warmed up enough to melt it, so it was all gone by 10:30 a.m.  Suppose to have a low temp tonight, Monday, of -5*C and cool days until the weekend when it is to be quite warm...I am looking forward to that for sure.

While we have been working on our balcony, most of the tools, etc. have been placed in our back downstairs (basement) hall,  it has not been cleaned, what is the use really, as it just gets messy again, with us walking in and out all the time.  We are all done with the carpentry work, so tools put back in their proper place and the area got a top to bottom clean today, I feel so much better, all the clutter was driving me made.  All we have left to do is the painting, I like painting so it's not a chore for me.  That job will likely not get done until later in the week.   Then the furniture, just a couple of chairs and two small tables will be put up there, it's going to look nice.  Can't wait really, I love sitting up there in the Summer, watching the humming birds, and the fire flies. 



While we have been in isolation I have been making a scrap quilt, now the top is all finished and I am looking in my stash for some fabric for the back and then it is off to one of the ladies in my quilting guild who has a long arm quilting machine and it will be quilted.  I used the pattern in one of Bonnie Hunter's books, she calls it Idaho Square Dance,   I am naming mine,,," Isolation Blues".   Here is a photo of the top, the quilts always look so much nicer when they are quilted, so looking forward to have that done, then all that is left to do is the binding.  Then I am going to start on my youngest grand daughter's quilt.

Stay safe Stay well, Stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...