Saturday, August 08, 2026

Busy hands

During the hot muggy days of this past week I have been reading and doing some hand quilting.  

Four books were loaned to me by one of my D-I-L's friends, The Thursday Murder Club Mystery, written by Richard Osman.  It took me a little while to get into the first book, as I found the names just a bit confusing.  Now, into the second book, The Man Who Died Twice, and I know all of the characters names so it is a better read.  I just had to get use to them all. 

Recently I was tidying up my sewing room, again, as it always seems to be a bit messy as a result of looking for a certain fabric or pattern.  During the process, I found a UFO of 2 1/2inch pieces of fabric which I had started to sew into blocks and then something must have been more important, and it did not get finished.  So I made some more blocks and then sewed them all together.  Random colours and patterns in no particular order of any kind.  Because it is so different than any of the more organized quilts I have made I decided to hand quilt it.  That is what I am working on currently.  When that is  finished I am going to applique a stylized flower on it, for which I have a pattern.

I received some good news, my Autumn fabric picture that I did some time ago is now framed.  When the piece was finished I framed it myself and was never happy with it.  As I had put a lot of time into making this picture, it deserved to be given a professionally installed frame.  It will be picked up on Tuesday, next week.

Tomorrow, my three children, my niece and three nephews and everyone's spouse are all getting together for a reunion.  Oh! and me.  I am now the matriarch of the family, as none of the people I have just mentioned have a parent still living.  Since my sister is no longer with us, my son decided that the cousins should all get together now while they can, because if they don't it may never happen,   If everyone agrees, next year he is hoping to include everyone's family, for a reunion.

Next weekend, my grandson and his wife are hosting a family reunion for everyone in our family of the "O's"  Only writing down the initial of our surname.  Not everyone will be able to attend due to distance and other commitments, but it should be a good crowed just the same.  

During the week I have done three walks in the evening when it has been cooler, rain put a halt to more.   We have had some torrential rains this past week also, flooding in some places where it has never flooded before due to so much coming down in such a short period of time.  Here we are with too much moisture and other places with not enough.

I should now get into the kitchen and make a batch or corn flour muffins and a lemon drizzle cake for tomorrow.  

Have a great day


Cheers



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Busy hands

During the hot muggy days of this past week I have been reading and doing some hand quilting.   Four books were loaned to me by one of my D-...