My last post advised I was going to a "Cousin" reunion. My son and D I L hosted the get together, so that meant we all had a 2 1/2 hour car ride to get to their house, so an early start to the day. Everyone who indicated they were coming arrived, so we had a party of thirteen people. One of my nephews is not well, so he and his wife were the only ones who did not come. No games or quizzes, but loads of conversations and laughs as this group had not been together like this before. Usually everyone would be bringing, children and their grandchildren. A nice afternoon, with delicious food to complete a "lovely time was had by all". My niece and her husband offered to host the reunion next year, so it was a success. We then had the 2 1/2 hour ride home, so it was a long day, but a happy one.
On Wednesday I went to a small town theatre to see "Piano Legends". This performance featured three piano's, base instruments and drums, which showcased songs from great piano entertainers. It started with Bach, Mozart and Beethoven all through the years to Elton John and John Legend. Thoroughly enjoyed this show.
Friday, I shopped and made my contributions to yet another get together. Enjoyed conversations and laughter at the happy hour late afternoon/early evening. I don't know why it's said to be an hour as it never is.
Yesterday, Saturday, my family had our reunion, hosted by my grandson and wife. C & J have a pool, so that was popular throughout the afternoon. Again a nice time, with lots of laughs and delicious food. Several of my grand daughters were not able to come due to do living too far away to travel for the weekend.
During the other days of the week, kept busy with the daily chores and of course, making more stiches on my quilt.
A quite day today, so that I can get geared up for another busy week.
It is forecast to be a wet day, so good reason to open a book and take it easy.
Have a great day.
Cheers,
I miss family reunions. When my Mum was alive there were quite a few. Now? none. I'm glad you enjoyed yours.
ReplyDeleteThat is what happened when my Mum passed away. My sister and I did arrange one a year later, but it was not very successful. This one was just my family.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a lovely time both at the reunion and the concert. So pleased for you. We used to have a lot of reunions back in my in-laws day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July and others, but now they are gone, we have all retreated into our own corners. Still see each other every now and again but distance is a bigger issue the older we get. Here's to another lovely busy week for you. I certainly enjoy hearing about them.
ReplyDeleteyou're certainly busy with many get togethers. It's that time of year though.
ReplyDelete