Sunday, August 23, 2026

IT'S IN THE AIR

 Good morning, it is a little cooler today, so as I noted in my title,  summer is fading and autumn is not very far away.  The sun is rising later and going down earlier, when it is shining the heat is not so intense as it has been.  I like this time of the year, however, not fond of the season that follows.  

So what have I been up to this past week.

On Monday, lunch with two friends P and D, it wasn't actually lunch in a restaurant, we went to Timmies, I chose a chicken sandwich and a drink.  The other ladies did something similar.  Back in the car we found a nice picnic table in a local park.  P had recently returned from a quilt show in the UK so the conversation included all she had seen during her trip.

Later in the day, a visit to my DD2 as we were going to book our flights for an upcoming vacation.   I am "old school" when it comes to booking vacations, usually having someone else do all of the bookings etc, so not very familiar with the "do it yourself" on the web, thus the need for the visit with her.  

The following day, morning housework.   Most shops at this time of the year are having sales of their summer stock, so as my vacation is going to be someplace warm, a girl needs a new dress, doesn't she!  So off I went, a dress and a pair of shorts came home with me.  Usually, clothing for me is purchased if it is on sale, as I cannot justify the price of some things, and the quality leaves a lot to be desired. 

Wednesday, was a lazy day.  I did some stitching on a quilt that is currently being made.

Thursday, the management of the building I live in  provided the residents with another "Parking lot Picnic".  This time, we lunched on burgers and corn on the cob and a canned or bottled drink.  Corn is not my favorite vegetable, however, I do like it when it is served on the cob.

Friday, lunch again, this time with two co-workers J and V, from a long time ago.  We usually go out once a month for lunch and a good natter.   Both of them have health issues, so the time we spend together is precious. Later in the day, I needed to pick up a few things at the grocery store,  Got home and everything put away, just in time for happy hour.

Yesterday, Saturday was cloudy and damp.  During the evening we had a strong wind, some thunder and lightening and lots of rain.  To dampen the day even more, I received a call from a person who was close to me, who now has a serious health problem.

Sunday, Oh it was cool this morning, we are forecast more unsettled weather, however, at the moment the sun is trying very hard to shine.  Nothing on a agenda today, so a quiet day, reading and more stitching, this time making a block for our first quilt guild meeting which is being held early in September.  

Have a great day

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S IN THE AIR

 Good morning, it is a little cooler today, so as I noted in my title,  summer is fading and autumn is not very far away.  The sun is rising...