Thursday, May 07, 2020

Chilly

It was down right cold, not chilly today, the sun was nice but the wind quite bitter.  They, the meteorologists, call it a polar vortex, the wind is rotating counter clockwise over a large area of Eastern Canada, and bring cold air from up North.  The forecast for tomorrow could be snow flurries.   BRRR. 

Worked on my scrap quilt today, almost finished.  It is a pattern from Bonnie Hunter, she calls herself a scrapaholic, as she only uses scraps to make the quilts she designs.   I often wander where does one get scraps if they do not make quilts which generates scraps.  From the look of  her designs I believe she cuts from purchased yardage.  I had a lot of scraps from the quilts I have made, so decided to use some of them for the quilt I am now making.  Still have a lot scraps left, so there could be another quilt made.  I hate to throw fabric away as it can be quite expensive.  The next quilt, however, is to be for my youngest granddaughter, she will be 18 years of age on June 5th, better get to work, hadn't I. 
Due to the isolation in place I would not have been able to give it to her on that date, so want to get it finished, in time for her to take it with her to the University in September.

The shrubs and trees are showing a lot of green, my daffodils are now past their prime, but the magenta coloured primroses and cowslips in the garden are out in bloom  now and look quite colourful.  jThe dandelions are also popping up all over the place.  We are not allowed to use weed killers, only the lawn care companies, so the only option is to dig the plants out.  We have a lawn maintenance company to do our lawns, however, the next door neighbour does not, so the seeds always seem to blow our way.  He is not very "garden" minded anyway, so they dont seem to bother him in the least.

All for me today.

Stay safe, Stay well, Stay home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...