As child my hair was as straight as a yard of pump water, (my Dad used to say that) so I had two braids like most kids did in the late 40's in Britain. Had them until I was 12 or 13 years old, then changed to one pony tail. That was the go to hairstyle during my teen age years of the 1950's. I do not remember ever going to a hair salon, so assume my Mother trimmed my hair through all those years. Then came the time to graduate from school and find a job, I thought pony tails are not a good hair style for a job interview so had my hair cut and permed. That lead to a life time of perms, heavens knows what damaged it did over those years. In 2010 I decided enough is enough and got a new short style with no perm and liked it. That is how my hair as been since then, until all the hairdressers were closed and still closed. About a month ago I trimmed my hair,just a bit and it looked OK, then it grew and grew some more and low and behold I have waves and looks like a curl happening. It was getting heavy and weighted down on top so gave myself a trim again this morning. Hey, I'm not too bad at this "do it yourself" hair cutting. Anyway I like the look of it so that's all that matters at this point in time.
Have you given yourself a trim during this isolation?
Sunny today, with a lot a clouds coming and going, thunderstorms predicted later due to the high humidity and heat.
Stay safe stay healthy
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Picnic
Sunday was a lovely day, and as there are going to be very few of these days left, I couldn't let this one go without being outside. I ...
-
After a hectic first few days of June, I was a home body for a few days, which was just fine, as I could get the never ending housework, la...
-
SISTER YOUR LIFE WAS A BLESSING YOUR MEMORY A TREASURE YOU ARE LOVED BEYOND WORDS AND MISSED BEYOND MEASURE.
-
Music is what I have listened too on and off for the past week and I will tell you all about it, but first. Last Wednesday was the last meet...
No comments:
Post a Comment