Sunday, May 24, 2020

Hair

As  child my hair was as straight as a yard of pump water, (my Dad used to say that) so I had two braids like most kids did in the late 40's in Britain.  Had them until I was 12 or 13 years old, then changed to one pony tail.  That was the go to hairstyle during my teen age years of the 1950's.  I do not remember ever going to a hair salon, so assume my Mother trimmed my hair through all those years.  Then came the time to graduate from school and find a job, I thought pony tails are not a good hair style for a job interview so had my hair cut and permed.  That lead to a life time of perms, heavens knows what damaged it did over those years.  In 2010 I decided enough is enough and got a new short style with no perm and liked it.  That is how my hair as been since then, until all the hairdressers were closed and still closed.  About a month ago I trimmed my hair,just a bit and it looked OK, then it grew and grew some more and low and behold I have waves and looks like a curl happening.   It was getting heavy and weighted down on top so gave myself a trim again this morning.  Hey, I'm not too bad at this "do it yourself" hair cutting.  Anyway I like the look of it so that's all that matters at this point in time.

Have you given yourself a trim during this isolation?

Sunny today, with a lot a clouds coming and going, thunderstorms predicted later due to the high humidity and heat.

Stay safe stay healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...