Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Zoom

 Cloudy and dull again today, temp above the zero mark again.  I can take this kind of weather, just wish it would stay like this for the entire Winter, but, unfortunately that is not the case.  We have some really cold days to look forward to in the S.W. Ontario Winters.  

On a "normal" January 4th, the quilting guild I belong to would be having our annual holiday dinner at a nice restaurant, however, not the case this year.  We had to be happy with a Zoom meeting.  It was nice to see everyone who joined the meeting but, certainly not the way we would prefer to see each other.   This kind of get together is best done over a dinner table.   Our January meeting which was scheduled for later this month has now been cancelled due to the lockdown, so we will have another Zoom meeting.  Hope we will be able to have out in person meeting in February.  Time will tell.

Hubby is getting very restless, nothing to do.  I mentioned in a previous post, he had retired,  he has no hobbies, at this time of the year in normal times, not much is going on and it is even worse during the lockdown we are in.  No snow for him to remove from the driveway.   He was thinking about driving a school purpose vehicle in the morning and afternoon to just give him something to do, but no schools are open at the present time.  Nothing needs repairing in the house, he reads every word in the newspaper, but not books.  I am at a loss.  Any ideas?

He came for a walk with me on the weekend, but the knee he was having a problem with acted up, so he has  not been with me since.  I will go for my walk again this afternoon.

Grocery day, store was very quiet, which is just fine with us.  Out the door at 7:00 a.m. and home shortly after 8:00 a.m.  All out away and now sitting with a coffee and browsing the net.

Dinner tonight, the usual chicken dinner, dessert is some fruit we had left over from last night.  Making some cranberry and orange muffins this afternoon. 

1 comment:

  1. Retirement is a real hard thing to get used to, once the novelty wears off. In the beginning I found myself having to create To Do Lists for my husband, to keep him busy. He woodworks so that was a bit easier than if he had no hobbies, per se. But I'd send him on errands, ask him to do this-or-that, I mean I worked at it... keeping him busy. Now he's more used to it and is settled down a bit. For me life didn't change much at all... except for having him underfoot all the time. He worked from home for 10 years before he retired but... he was always at his desk so it didn't feel like he was retired. Now it does. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...