Monday, January 04, 2021

Dreary Day

Cloudy and damp again today, only consolation, the temp is on the plus side of zero and more snow is melting, however, we now have a very slushy mess on the streets.

The snowman I posted yesterday collapsed later in the day, due to melting I suppose.

Not much happening today, the days just seem plod along one after another.

I had a phone call from my late husbands nephew, the first time I have talked to him for a long time.  He disconnected his land line and got a cell phone and he never gave me his number.  I sent a Christmas card to his sister and included my number, she forwarded it on to him..  I now have his, so future conversations in the future.  I think he is feeling quite lonely, he lives alone and his children are not living close by.  The coffee shop he frequented is closed so no chatting with his mates.  

Done my walk today, four days in a row now, hope the weather enables me to keep up the daily outing even if is only about  1 1/4 miles of walking.

The roast beef we had for dinner yesterday was delicious, so dinner for tonight is all sorted, leftovers.  I like those kind of dinners.



1 comment:

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...