Friday, January 22, 2021

Fresh snow

 Yesterday the temp got up to 5*C  and a lot of the snow melted, however, overnight it was replaced fresh fall of snow and little more is coming down each time a streamer comes off of Lake Huron.  The wind is blowing it around also, so some drifting is occurring out in the countryside.  The snowdrops are now all covered up and insulated with the snow, they should be OK until I see them again.

Well I can certainly see better today, eye still sensitive to the light and the snow, when the sun was shining for a brief period this morning I had my sunglasses on in the house.  Not much going on today, instructions say, no washing floors, vacumming and no lifting heavy objects, that puts and end to some of the things I normally do.  Oh! well they will still be there when I can do those things in a few days.  Not that anything really needs doing.  I knew these restrictions would be in place, so did all the necessary work earlier in the week.

Hubby cleared off the driveway this morning, he may have to do it again tomorrow.  A couple of years ago he never had a computer, we went to several introductory sessions provided by our local library which helped a lot.  Since he has been retired and now all the work has been done outside he is getting to know more about the computer.  I try to teach him as much as I know, which is not an awful lot.  This afternoon he has been looking at investing websites, something which is very interesting to him.  

I have finished sorting out the scraps of fabric, all is organized now.  Started sewing the blocks together on the dreaded quilt today.  It is not as big as it should be as I did not have enough of the light coloured fabrics to complete the remaining blocks.  More of the dark fabrics than I needed though.

Dinner tonight salmon,  not sure what else, will have to get moving on that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...