Sunday, January 10, 2021

Frosty

 Frosty yes, but not the snowman.  It went down to -6*C last night which resulted in a frosty morning, no snow which is a blessing.  Sun is trying very hard to shine, so it is quite a nice bright day.

Housework and laundry yesterday, but that was just about it for us.  Each day just seem to run into another with not much going on.  

There is a possibility Ontario could go into a curfew situation if the numbers of infections keep goin up.  Maybe that is what should have been done earlier.  It  would not affect us, but there are others that it would have a huge impact on.  

My GD  returned to Ottawa yesterday, after being home for the holidays, she is hoping to find a job that would take her through to May, however, the chances of doing that at this point in time look slim.   In May she has been accepted by a professor into the lab at an Ottawa University, so she can do her Masters in Biology.  I asked her what that entails, ...............she will be studying the mycobiome of plants and how it effects nutrient acquisition., which further into her studies lead her into teaching.   I told her it was a bit too deep for me I will just do my gardening with my flowers.  Needless to say,  I am very proud of her.  She has come a long way from my first meeting with her, bundled up  in layers upon  layers of clothing, with only her little cubby cheeks and big eyes showing.  Today she is a beautiful young lady, who later this month will be 23 years old, where did those years go.

Our left over dinner was delicious, as per Hubby.  So what did we end up with..... Ham left over from Easter that was in the freezer.  Bush's baked beans, cheese biscuits from the day previous. Salad of  lettuce, tomato, four mushroom's and shredded cheese.    Dessert, butterscotch pudding, a few strawberries and whipped cream.  Not everyone's idea of a meal, but it worked for us.  

We are both very well off financially, so we really do not need to use all of our left overs.  When I first came to Canada with my parents, things were very tight financially, so I was taught to live frugally.  I remember a chicken lasting several days for the family of four.  All that is instilled in me even now.  We both donate food on a weekly basis to the local food bank, and we do splurge on many things but just can't throw out good food with so many people going to bed hungry.

So dinner tonight, Swedish meatballs and pasta also a salad.  Dessert not sure yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...