Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Damp

Yesterday we had some freezing drizzle which did not amount to much which is a blessing.  Over night the temp rose just above the zero degree, so it all melted and we now have a damp grey day.  The kind of weather that just gets into your bones.

As of tomorrow we, (Ontario) is in a state of emergency, which means we can only go out for food, medicine and exercise.  Not much different than it has been but the measures have been put in place to now fine people who are out for no reason other that what I have noted above.  When will it end,  its any ones guess at this point in time.

I am so glad I have  a hobby (quilting) to keep me busy.  In the past I have done some cross stitch and  still have the floss, fabric and needles.  While in the drug store this morning picking up an Rx I browsed the magazine section and found a Cross Stitch magazine.  Which I bought.  Oh my goodness, I have not purchased a magazine off the counter for a long time, surprised at the cost.  There are a couple of nice projects in this mag. so to change up the things to keep me busy I will be doing some of the cross stitch. 

I also have photo's, which I am sorting into family piles and going to make albums for my grandchildren.  Hope to have one ready for my grandson's birthday next month, and another for a grand daughter in March.  Other grandchildren's birthdays are later in the year but hope to get them all done before the gardening weather starts.  

Speaking on gardening I am so glad I save some seeds and cuttings from flowers in the garden last year, so I can start my own annuals.   I feel the garden centers will not be having much for sale this year, if any, and it may be difficult to get some annuals.   

Chinese  food for dinner tonight, rice, chicken and spring rolls.  It is all frozen food so just have to defrost and heat up.  Easy Peasy   Dessert,  I should make an effort to make something this afternoon, not sure yet what it will be, maybe a crumble of some kind.

Have a great day. 



1 comment:

  1. The dream of flowers to come, in the spring... sometimes it's the only thing to get us through a dreary winter day, isn't it. Things will get better, regarding the virus, once the vaccinations are given and take hold... but it's a long process. The end is in sight, long into the distance. Hang in there! I will try too. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...