Friday, January 08, 2021

It's gone again

Yesterday's cloud disappeared late morning and we had a beautiful sunny afternoon.  The wind kept it cold,  it wasn't a strong wind but just enough bite to it to make it uncomfortable walking into it.  Today, clouds back again and no sign of the sun.  I do need the sun to get motivated.  I am just thankful we don't have lots of snow and bitter cold temps.  But. that can change in a heart beat at this time of the year.

Not much doing yesterday,  Hubby ordered  a  new drill from a local store on line yesterday, shortly after we received a text indicating the order was ready for pick up, so a drive to the other side of the city to pick it up.  He is getting quite good at this ordering on line stuff.

I did a bit of sewing again trying to get this quilt finished, not making much progress, but I keep plugging away at it.  Don't want to start any new projects until this is done, if I do it will just sit there forever.  I need to give it to my GD.

My GD who goes to University in Ottawa will be going back there tomorrow, she has been with family here for the holidays.  I will do a Facetime visit with her today sometime today.

Dinner tonight salmon, not sure what else yet, dessert however, will be strawberry shortcake.


2 comments:

  1. Salmon with what? A salad? In a pie? I never know what to do with salmon, so don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris: I have a toaster oven, and I baked the salmon in it with a little butter to stop it from sticking to the tray and sprinkled dill on the fish. 350* 20 minutes, it nice and moist and done to perfection. I served it with some rice, and a mixed greens salad. On the side tartar sauce. Fish pie sounds absolutely disgusting to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...