Saturday, January 09, 2021

Glorious again

 The sunshine we had yesterday was lovely and again today we have the bright sun shining again.  It is still nippy out there, temp went down to -9*C last night.

Worked in the kitchen yesterday, made biscuits, some plain for strawberry shortcake and added shredded cheese to others.  We had a cheese one with our salmon and salad,  and a plain one with strawberries and whipped cream.  Too many carbs, but they were so good.  Also, a dozen cranberry orange muffins, have not tried them yet, that is reserved for lunch time.  Then the micro wave oven and  toaster oven along with counter tops, range hood, you get the idea I full kitchen clean up. I do this a couple times a week just to keep on top of it all.  The counters tops and range top get daily cleaning of course.

Laundry being done as we speak, bathrooms next when this is finished.  Have to get back into my sewing room, did not get there yesterday.

I do not comment on political issues, I have my own thoughts about our neighbour's head of state, they are not good thoughts, so enough said already.

Dinner tonight is called fridge clean up dinner, which is to get all of the leftovers used up.  While finding all of these foods the fridge will also get a good clean.   It is a good thing Hubby does not mind eating leftovers. My sister, throws out anything that is left over from a meal.  I just cannot do that.  If I can't use something within the next couple of days after cooking it, it goes in the freezer for another day.  

What do you do with your leftovers??



2 comments:

  1. I surely don't throw out whatever isn't eaten from a meal but I don't have the conviction of eating every last drop either, if it doesn't get eaten. I'm pretty good now at making the right amt. of food that we will eat but sometimes, like on occasions when I make soup or chili, we have leftovers. I always hate having that couple cups of something left though because invariably I throw it away so I should have the night we didn't finish it up. So heck, maybe your sister's on to something. *haha* ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leftovers? Lacy eats it all! Probably Brylee will now as well. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...