Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Dirt

 We did our early grocery shop yesterday morning, in the afternoon I did some errands in the neighbouring city,  

Once home again, the weather was so nice I decided to trim my two clematis.  The instructions that came with one  when I purchased it several years ago, indicates it needs to been trimmed in the Spring, leaving 2/3rds of the old growth about 12 inches from the ground.  I was surprised to find it had buds on it as did the one which was in the garden previously.   That done I decided to pull some weeds starting to emerge from the soil.  Gloves on and work started..........it was so nice to get dirty.   With a bag almost full, it was time to  call it a day and start on dinner.   Gardening season has started outside for me.  Tomorrow I am going to plant some tomato seeds which I will keep in the house,  these were saved from the plants I had last year.  Also going to put some marigolds in some soil too.  

The rain we had a couple of days ago, has made the grass green up so it should start growing once we get some warmer weather.  

We had another shower either over night or early this morning, it is still cloudy, however, the sun is trying to eek through.  It is still quite cool out there though.  Tomorrow is forecast to be downright cold. 

Dinner tonight, ham, some of the scalloped potatoes are left, so we will clean them up with some veg and a salad.  Not sure what is for dessert, possibly lemon pie.

Well I am off to start doing some housework. 

2 comments:

  1. I so love ham! It's one of my favorite foods. Enjoy! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love digging in the garden and getting nice and dirty, it's so therapeutic to me. Sorry to hear it will be cold again tomorrow. I hope it will warm up again quickly. As always dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...